Topic: Microsoft Ribbon proposal
I have been using TinyMCE for some time now and I am extremely happy with it.
However, I would like to use a toolbar like the Microsoft Word Ribbon (version 2007+). I came up with this:
It's a working example, but normally it's incorporated in our Content Management System, not all buttons are working in this example.
What are your thoughts on this? A Ribbon interface makes web-editing an easier task:
* Context aware toolbar. Image buttons when selecting an image. A table toolbar when the cursor is in a table
* No cluttered toolbar with dozens of buttons
* Smart grouping of buttons: insert, image, table
* No cluttered context menu
* Users are getting used to a Ribbon. Microsoft is using it in MS Office (Windows & Mac)
* The default toolbar looks like MS Word 2003
For now the Ribbon is a plugin. It hides the normal toolbar with CSS. The ribbon would be better if it's used as a native toolbar. Maybe some can help with this. Please take a look at the download and the ribbon plugin.
Last edited by Vincent Kleijnendorst (2010-12-06 17:47:25)