Topic: TinyMCE 3.1.0 Released

This release fixes a few more bugs and issues one of them is a bug with Opera 9.50 final where the paragraph generation would be done in reverse. We also resolved an issule where the paste as plain text would encode the contents before inserting it but it also encoded br and paragraphs. Most of the other bugs where not that critical mostly small things here and there.

Here is a complete changelog of things we fixed:
Fixed bug where the paste as text didn't work correctly it was encoded and didn't produce paragraphs and br elements.
Fixed bug where embed element in XHTML style didn't work correctly in the media plugin.
Fixed bug where style elements was forced empty in IE. The will now be wrapped in a comment just like script elements.
Fixed bug where some script elements wrapped in CDATA could fail to be serialized correctly.
Fixed bug where FF 3 produced -moz- internal styles in some style attributes.
Fixed bug where query strings and external URLs didn't work correctly in style attributes.
Fixed bug where shape attribute of area elements got serialized as rect regardless of it's initial value in IE 6.
Fixed bug where selection of elements inside layers would fail in IE since focus was moved to the document body.
Fixed bug where pressing enter/return in an editable select box would produce an __mce_add_custom__ class value.
Fixed bug where changing font size of text placed inside a colored text chunk would remove the parent node.
Fixed bug where Opera 9.5 final produced a strange line break behavior due to a workaround for previous Opera versions.
Fixed bug where text/background color would produce a strange focus problem when you tried to click on the body in IE.
Fixed issue where selecting the title of an listbox equals the old 2.x behavior of changing the value to an empty string.
Fixed issue where it was common for the media plugin to break if the _value attribute wasn't added for the param element.
Fixed issue where the wrong parent editor instance might be updated if you use fullscreen mode in an incorrect way.
Fixed issue where Safari was producing a warning about the base element not being closed correctly.
Removed redundant form element name matching from regexp in the DOMUtils class.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.1.0 Released

Just great!

Keep them updates coming... :-)

Thank you for all your efforts and thank you for keeping a nice contact to the user community, too!

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
-- I am neither Moxiecode nor Ephox! --

Yes, thanks again for your efforts!
Greetings from Germany, too wink
Leo

Thanks for the big work.

Greetings from Greece
Seb

What about this bug affecting copying and pasting of Word docs using the Word copy tool that doesn't strip out all the junk from Word 2007 files. Also includes info about a bug that makes FF3 jump down, or up, everytime you go to make a new paragraph using the Enter key.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph … tid=635682

The enter bug has been fixed a few versions back. I haven't looked at the word bug are in the process of talking about a rewrite of that plugin anyway.

Best regards,

I'll go ahead and upgrade. I'm still on 3.0.5. Guess that's my problem, huh? Procrastination has never been something I could shake smile

spocke wrote:

The enter bug has been fixed a few versions back. I haven't looked at the word bug are in the process of talking about a rewrite of that plugin anyway.

If you get a chance, please take a look at a patch I submitted for the Paste as Plain Text piece.  It fixes a bunch of issues (documented within the patch submission).

(I'm mentioning it since you're talking about a rewrite of that module, which contains both Word and plain text pasting, and my submission is a rewrite of the plain text piece.)

Hi,

Today i installed Firefox 3....

With ff3 the table handling is broken:

1.) you can't go to the next cell / create a new row with TAB
2.) if you insert a new table at the end of a document it's impossible to insert text or anything else after it.

Tried it with your online TinyMCE Version 3.1.0.1.

cya

Last edited by amigenius (2008-06-19 04:36:14)

I'm getting some weird behaviors when I'm loading the gzip version of TinyMCE that I don't see when I don't use the compressed version of TinyMCE.

I use two different configurations for TinyMCE, one config used for our news publishing with a minimum amount of plugins, and another config used to publish articles which includes a few more plugins. 

When I load the page using the TinyMCE editor, I seem (this is from trying to debug this with the firebug plugin in Firefox) sometimes get issues loading the tiny_mce_gzip.js fast enough so that the functions tinyMCE_GZ.init and tinyMCE.init can be properly recognised by the javascript on the page. 

This doesn't happen all the time but frequently...enough to make it anoying to have to reload the page to try to get TinyMCE to load properly.  This seems like a browser cache/TinyMCE compression issue but I can't put my finger on it. I did clear my browser cache, and also removed the .gz compressed files in the TinyMCE install and it didn't seem to fix the issue.

This wasn't an issue in the past and has been something that I started noticing version 3.0.9.  Any of you have seen this type of behavior or have an idea why this might be happening?

Last edited by caz (2008-06-19 17:25:03)

What Firefox version are you using. Firebug on 3.x seems to be very buggy it tends to hang some requests some times.

Best regards,

I'm using Firefox 3 at work.  I'll try to see if I get these issues in Safari and keep you posted if I see this happening on other browsers.

What about this? ===> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p … tid=635682

Any possible fix?

It seems that for Drupal 5.7 we are stuck using one version of this thing?

Can I use this update as a new engine for my Drupal tinymce Module?

bigsend wrote:

Can I use this update as a new engine for my Drupal tinymce Module?

You could simply download the latest version of TinyMCE and then replace the old one with it...

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Patch for Paste as Plain Text plugin, fixes all known issues with the plain text part.  Includes detailed descriptions of each fix and improvement.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph … tid=635684

Okay,...... a question :

I use following settings :

theme_advanced_fonts : "Verdana=verdana",
        theme_advanced_font_sizes : '8pt=1,9pt=2,10pt=3,11pt=4,12pt=5,14pt=6,15pt=7',
        font_size_style_values :  "8pt,9pt,10pt,11pt,12pt,14pt,15pt",

The output is :
<font style="font-size: 10pt;" face="verdana" size="3"><

WHY is "SIZE=3" still in the output when selecting 10PT...... Fontsize is set and will overwrite the size 3...... or do I miss something here?

I found another small error related to the use of the theme ADVANCED FONTS :

make settings like :
        theme_advanced_fonts : "Verdana=verdana",
        theme_advanced_font_sizes : '8pt=1,9pt=2,10pt=3,11pt=4,12pt=5,14pt=6,15pt=7',
        font_size_style_values :  "8pt,9pt,10pt,11pt,12pt,14pt,15pt",

copy and past plain text

Select all text and make it for example VERDANA 10PT

now click insite the text somewhere... VERDANA 9PT is shown in the top box. this is wrong; it is 10PT... as done in the previous action.

Also I noticed not always VERDANA al lettertype is shown in the top-box; somethise when selecting ALL TEXT with CONTROL-A, the size-box stay's on the default entry FONT SIZE

Alfred

Hi,

found another bug.

If you mark a text and change the format to for example h1 the complete paragraph changes to h1 instead only the marked text.

Tested with your online version (3.1.0.1).

keep on the good work smile

cya

Last edited by amigenius (2008-06-23 17:50:30)

amigenius wrote:

If you mark a text and change the format to for example h1 the complete paragraph changes to h1 instead only the marked text.

This is a feature and not a bug! If the editor were to only turn the highlighted text into a headline then it would have to split the actual paragraph into three paragraphs and change the middle one into a heading. This is not what a user expects! And even MS Word doesn't work this way either. Try it!

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Hi,

Checked it with Word 2003. It changes the format of the marked Text and NOT the whole paragraph.
So the handling of TinyMCE is wrong/differs. The handling should be
-> if nothing is marked: change the whole paragraph where the cursor is located
-> if something is marked: change only the marked text (split if nessesary into up to 3 sections and change the marked section)

cya

Last edited by amigenius (2008-06-23 23:03:38)

BoBmArLeY wrote:

What about this? ===> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p … tid=635682

Any possible fix?

amigenius wrote:

Hi,

Checked it with Word 2003. It changes the format of the marked Text and NOT the whole paragraph.
-> if something is marked: change only the marked text (split if nessesary into up to 3 sections and change the marked section)

cya

Every version of Word I've ever used changes the entire paragraph into the style selected., regardless of how much of the paragraph is highlighted.  I'd agree with Felix on this one.

Still not possible to disable language pack loading, issue with patch:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de … tid=635685

And Separator probably still generates invalid xhtml ( <span />):
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de … tid=635682
(but I use a workaround for this one so I wouldn't know)

eZ Publish System Developer

speednet wrote:
amigenius wrote:

Hi,

cya

Every version of Word I've ever used changes the entire paragraph into the style selected., regardless of how much of the paragraph is highlighted.  I'd agree with Felix on this one.

I'd agree too, but my Word agrees with amigenius: it just changes the selected text even when selecting a paragraph style...

http://hood.id.au/wtf/msword-h1.png

But this is another example of HTML not being a DOC file!

Edit: Hmm I thought I'd had more posts. Too many forums...

BTW TinyMCE is great!

Last edited by lazybeam (2008-06-27 01:58:27)